?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The Debate: Who Won?

  • Oct. 8th, 2008 at 3:36 AM
election_orange
Poll #1274550 Second Debate Insta-Poll

Who won the debate?

McCain by a mile
27(4.5%)
McCain by a nose
28(4.7%)
Tie
50(8.4%)
Obama by a nose
141(23.7%)
Obama by a mile
349(58.7%)

Comments

( Comment )
lisanicoles wrote:
Oct. 10th, 2008 12:04 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
I could go one and on with this conversation but I think the more appropriate thing to do would be to just say hey, I really do feel sad for you if you find abortion to be ok.
And if you don't have children, when your pregnant I want you to feel every single little kick and flutter and say yep it's ok to kill them.
You will not be able to I swear it.
I know the world is evil and corrupt.
nothing I could say on a stupid live journal post could change that.
I just pray that someone would read this and their heart be moved to really research and find the truth.
The Lord plant's everything for a reason.
mondo_bongo16 wrote:
Oct. 10th, 2008 06:26 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
But that's exactly the problem...it was your CHOICE to have your child. Not everyone thinks the way that you do. It's true that abortion can be horrifying - like when it's partial-birth, or done without competent medical assistance. But without legislation allowing first-trimester abortions, these terrible things will happen - such as desperate women risking their lives to have shoddy abortions that are late in the pregnancy. Nobody is telling you that you should have had an abortion. But it is my right as an American to have the freedom to make my own decisions about my own body, and I have a right to medical assistance if I need it.
I'm curious about your thoughts on Plan B. In case you don't know, Plan B is an emergency contraceptive used within 72 hours of unprotected sex, and it isn't effective if you're already pregnant, and it won't terminate an existing pregnancy.
sophia_sadek wrote:
Oct. 10th, 2008 11:38 pm (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
The pity is mutual. It's a terrible thing to waste a mind. To abort one's spiritual growth in favor of cult membership is fate worse than death. It is a living and walking death.
elayyendeeaay wrote:
Oct. 11th, 2008 12:04 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
You poor woman.
I bet youre pro death penalty.

rocky5mew wrote:
Oct. 13th, 2008 02:01 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
I have 2 very beautiful children that I love oh so very much... just to clarify here :)

Completely saying that abortion is murder though? thats silly. Women have a right to choose if they wish to keep their child... They might be wrong, and it might haunt them for the rest of their lives, but it is their choice. They should be able to choose...
They have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

I am glad you are religious and everything, thats great, but what if the child was born into an un-loving home? What if that child was abused, and possibly even killed because of a parent that didn't want that child SO much that they didn't take care of he/she?
I wouldnt say that is God's plan. If so? WEll, he is just as evil and corrupt as us humans.
Don't speak for 'The Lord' because you don't know what he thinks, and shouldn't assume you know.
lisanicoles wrote:
Oct. 13th, 2008 02:32 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
I must say that I wasn't going to respond to this conversation anymore until I received a message in my email and read what you had just wrote.
I'm not religious.
I actually hate when people are "religious".
I believe in God. I believe in Christ.
I'm not speaking for the Lord. I'm simply saying exactly what he said in the Bible.
I don't know if your a believer I'm just assuming not[please correct me if I'm wrong].
God does not kill children or let children be killed. Yes horrible things happen in this world I will not deny that.
But God does not do it.
God gave us a free will.
You can choose him or deny him.
You can do right or Wrong.
I have had to much face to face experience with Abortion and circumstances where it has been done and has not been done.
Obviously with my case.
Then my Mother has fostered children for about 15 years now.
Three of my little sisters are adopted and were all originally to be Aborted.
My one sister who is 5 was actually meant to be aborted, then her mother changed her mind.
She wanted to keep her.
She was found in a dresser drawer at a week old clinging to life.
She almost didn't make it.
So yes that women made the choice to keep her when she couldn't handle it. But guess what God stepped in.
He saved Karlee and we ended up being blessed with her.
So I'm not saying Oh I want these women to have these baby's and then kill them or abuse them or whatever.
But I do believe that isn't it better to at least give them a chance?
I mean You say what happens if they are abused or killed.
Well i mean your already killing it if you have and abortion.
So... I mean that questions doesn't make sense to me.
rocky5mew wrote:
Oct. 13th, 2008 12:51 pm (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
I'm not religious, but I kind of go with the flow :D

I think honestly that abortion is wrong.. totally! I couldnt do it, I couldn't live with myself. Cause to me, yes, it is totally horrbile.

I think taking away someones right to have an abortion, though, is wrong. If they can live with themselves after doing something like that? I guess good for them... or bad? I dunno... But they should be able to.
Just as you are able to completely disagree with it. It's your right... I can understand both points of view completely. I wouldn't say abortion is 'killing' so much... I couldn't do it though, no way.

Isn't abortion such a diverse and tricky topic?
Sorry I sounded mean at my reply.. I was pretty tired, ahahahahaha.
No matter how awesome my children are, coupled with a new puppy they wear me out :D
lisanicoles wrote:
Oct. 14th, 2008 12:06 am (UTC)
Re: Abortion isn't murder. Let the story begin
Oh I didn't think you were being rude.
I did however think quite a few people were.
It's pointless if you really think about.
To sit and argue it out on a livejournal page.
Hopefully we are all adults.
And if not I would HATE to waste my time arguing with a child.
I fell like I can listen to your opinion and respect it because you have children.
So it's validates it a little more.
These kids who are in college or high school.
Not so much.
They're still baby's in my eye's they haven't lived yet.
They don't REALLY know the things of the world no matter how much they try to convince themselves they do.
So we will just agree to disagree on this one.
Because no matter how long we kept at it we could go on FOREVER i know.
But thanks for being so kind about the whole conversation.
It's nice to know there are still nice people out there.
( Comment )